The New Zealand Medical Association (NZMA) and the New Zealand Medical Students’ Association (NZMSA) are delighted to announce the second annual of the annual New Zealand Medical Teaching Award.
The award aims to recognise the positive impact that many doctors have—through their commitment to teaching and the Hippocratic Oath—and to encourage the development of a positive clinical teaching culture and environment for the benefit of students, staff and ultimately patients.
We want nominees who:
- create/facilitate a positive learning environment
- are innovative in teaching
- are engaging in teaching
- provide a unique contribution to teaching
- show commitment and passion to education
- exemplify professionalism
- are excellent clinical role models
- provide constructive feedback in an appropriate manner
- go above and beyond their normal duties
- actively seek feedback for continuous improvement
- display other exemplary characteristics not covered by the above criteria