Welcome to your national medical students’ association – NZMSA
The New Zealand Medical Students’ Association has a long and proud history of representing New Zealand’s medical students.
Our primary aims:
- To proactively identify and advocate on issues of importance to medical students
- To be an agency for communication and representation of New Zealand medical students domestically and internationally to key stakeholders
- To research medical education and educate for educational best practice
- To inform and interact with medical students on issues of importance in the health sector
- To promote and maintain the cultural, social and physical activities and welfare of all medical students
- To be open to communication and interaction with other groups who have a wider interest in health and education
- To ensure and enable effective networking and communication with and between regional medical student Associations
- To organise and provide activities and services for members of the Association
Our exec is made up of 10 elected representatives and the 4 regional presidents. Each NZMSA exec member is responsible for communicating between NZMSA and the local student association. This may mean raising issues of concern from individual students with NZMSA or passing on ideas about how things could work better. Nationally it means that we try to make sure relevant political and educational issues have meaningful student input.
Please look through this site and see what NZMSA offers. We want NZMSA to meaningfully reflect your issues and concerns while you’re training – so get in touch if there’s any way we can help.